Dr. Uli Kozok’s Curriculum Vitae
Dr. Uli Kozok’s Curriculum Vitae is here Dr. Uli Kozok’s Curriculum Vitae
So click the link to see it.
Professor and Coordinator of the Indonesian-Malay Language Program
Paleography of Island Southeast Asia (especially Indonesia and the Philippines). Prehistory of Southeast Asia and Oceania. Philology and oral literature of Sumatra (Batak, Kerinci, Rejang-Lebong, Lampung). Modern Indonesian Literature. Modern Indonesian Culture and Society. Methodology of Language Learning. Distance Education.
Full name: Ulrich Kozok
Born 1959 in Hildesheim, Lower Saxony, Federal Republic of Germany
Nationality: German, USA. Permanent resident of New Zealand
Contact: Ph. +1 (808) 365 7043
Present position: Professor, Department of Indo- Pacific Languages and Literatures, University of Hawai’i at Manoa, U.S.A.
- MA, 1989 University of Hamburg, Seminar für Indonesische und Südseesprachen. Thesis: Bilang-bilang. Die Klagelieder der Karo-Batak
- PhD, 1994 (Magna cum laude) in Batak languages and literatures. University of Hamburg, Faculty of Oriental Studies, Department of Austronesian Languages and Cultures. University of Hamburg. Thesis: Die Bataksche Klage. Toten-,Hochzeits- und Liebesklagen in oraler und schriftlicher Tradition’.
- 2012-present Professor, IPLL, UHM
- 2005 Associate Professor, HIPLL, UHM
- 2005 Honorary Visiting Scholar. School of Asian Studies, University of Auckland (May-August)
- 2001-2005 Assistant Professor in Indonesian, Department of Hawaiian and Indo- Pacific Languages and Literatures, College of College of Languages, Linguistics, and Literature, University of Hawai’i at Manoa, USA.
- 2000–2001 Senior Lecturer in Indonesian, School of Asian Studies, Faculty of Arts, University of Auckland, New Zealand (NB: The position of Senior Lecturer in New Zealand educational nomenclature is equivalent to US associate professor).
- 1994–1999 Lecturer in Indonesian, School of Asian Studies, Faculty of Arts, University of Auckland, New Zealand (NB: The position of Lecturer in New Zealand educational nomenclature is equivalent to US assistant professor). 1998-2001 Head of the Indonesian Section.
- 1993 Guest Lecturer at the Carl v. Ossietzky-University, Oldenburg (Germany).
- 1993–1994 University of Hamburg – Part Time Lecturer.
- 1990–1991 University of North Sumatra – Honorary Lecturer.
- 1988–1989 Teachers’ Training College, Medan – Full-time Lecturer.
- 1987 Short time employment (6 months), archaeological excavation in Biberach (Germany).
- 2005 Convener of the Material Development for Distance Education Workshop in Yogyakarta, Indonesia (1-31 July 2005).
- 2004 Convener of the Workshop for the Transliteration and Translation of the Tanjung Tanah Manuscript. Jakarta (December 2004)
- 2003 Coordinator of the COTIM advanced Indonesian Study Abroad Program in co-operation with Sam Ratulangi University, Manado.
- 1996 Coordinator of the Indonesian language summerschool programme for New Zealand university students in cooperation with Gadjah Mada University.
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
- 2005- International Council for Malay Language – Majlis Antarabangsa Bahasa Melayu (MABM), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Representative for North America.
- 2002- Council of Teachers of Southeast Asian Languages (COTSEAL)
- 2000- Consortium for the Teaching of Indonesian and Malay (COTIM)
- 2000-2001 International Council for Malay Language – Majlis Antarabangsa Bahasa Melayu (MABM), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Representative for New Zealand.
- 1999- New Zealand Society of Translators and Interpreters (NZSTI)
- 1998- American Association for Asian Studies (AAAS)
- 1998- Masyarakat Pernaskahan Nusantara (MANASSA), Indonesia
- 1996- The Australian Society of Indonesian Language Educators (ASILE)
- 1994- New Zealand Association of Asian Studies
- 1994- European Association of Southeast Asian Studies (EUROSEAS)
- 1991- Royal Institute of Linguistics and Anthropology (KITLV), Leiden, NL
Board Member of Academic Journals
- 2001- Member of the International Advisory Board of the Electronic Journal of Foreign Language Teaching (e-FLT), Singapore.
- 1997- Member of the Editorial Board of the international scholarly journal Indonesia and the Malay World. University of London, UK