There are few technical software requirements to access the materials on «Indonesian Online». You can use virtually any computer operating system, e.g. Linux, Apple OS (10.1 or higher), or Windows with an Internet connection. You can also use «Indonesian Online» on all portable devices powered by iOS and Android.
In order to access «Indonesian Online» you don’t need to purchase any extra software. All programs or applications that you need can be downloaded for free. You will need the following:
- A browser. The material has been tested with recent (post 2010) versions of Firefox, Safari, Chrome, or Opera. Firefox works best. I personally use Opera which I think is the fastest and most advanced browser. Our materials have not been tested on Internet Explorer.
- An audio/video player. We highly recommend the free VLC media player.
- A pdf reader. Mac users can read pdf files instantly through Preview, but all other will have to download a pdf reader such as Adobe Reader.
- Open Office, Libre Office, Apple Works, or Microsoft Office to open the slide shows. All slide shows are provided in two formats: Keynote (preferred option) but also as a PowerPoint file. (Please note that the slide shows are only available to users with a TIW Premium or Indonesian Online Platinum Membership).
- If you want to make use of the vocabulary flashcards, we strongly suggest downloading the free spaced repetition program Anki available for Mac OSX, Linux, Windows, iPhone, Android etc.